We are a friendly and enthusiastic group of musicians based in North London and always welcome new players. If you play a woodwind or brass instrument, percussion or string bass and would like to join us for a rehearsal, please contact Caroline via the form at the bottom of this page.
Rehearsals are during term time at:
Martin Primary School
Plane Tree Walk
Rehearsals are on Wednesdays and start at 7:45pm prompt (arrival 7.30) and finish at 9:45pm.
Please bring your own music and stand.
For more information on the rehearsal and concert schedule, please visit the Rehearsals & Concerts page.
We have a break halfway through with tea and cake (for donations towards our new music fund!). SWON has gone green, so please bring your own re-usable cup or mug!
- A register will be taken so we know who has attended each rehearsal
- Sitting at least 1m apart in rehearsals,
- The hall will be well ventilated (please bring warm clothes as it might get a little chilly as a result),
- We will provide hand sanitiser, and
- We ask that you take sensible precautions such as
- Taking Covid tests if you have been travelling,
- Wearing masks if you feel comfortable to do so, and
- Not coming to rehearsal if you feel unwell.
Our membership fees are £63/term, or £47/term concession for unwaged members. If you are a UK taxpayer, we’ll also ask if you can Gift Aid your fees so we can maximise the value to the orchestra.
GETTING TO US
The nearest Underground station to our rehearsal venue is East Finchley (Northern Line) and the bus route is 263, with 234, 102 and 143 also stopping nearby. Many in the orchestra also organise car sharing.
Our concert venue is a short walk from Gospel Oak overground station, or alternatively the nearest Underground stations are Kentish Town (Northern line – High Barnet branch) or Belsize Park (Northern line – Edgware branch), or buses 24, 46 and 214 all run nearby.
If you’d like more information on the Orchestra, please contact us via the form below and we will be in touch as soon as we can.